Western Carolina Hunter Pace & Trail Ride Series
Cumulative Series Standings at November 13th, 2017
Reported by: Jan Smith
After five of the possible seventeen scheduled events of the 2017-18 Western Carolina Hunter Pace & Trail Ride Series, there are ties all down the line, leaving the current standings as follows:
Total # Riders: 331
Field Hunters: 117
· Marcia Headrick & Rich Neel are holding their lead with 25 Series points at this time.
· Amy Christensen is close behind into Second with 21 Series points.
· Amanda Aiello, Debbie Croft and Nicola Deines have 20 points each for a tie in Third Place.
· Lisa Clements and Susan Haslam are tied with 18 points each for Fourth.
· Christina Goen and Emily Mitchell have moved up into Fifth Place with 17 points each.
· Shannon Jackson and Rebecca Tolson have 15 points to date for a tie in Sixth.
· Beth Goldizen is in Seventh Place with 13 Series points earned.
· Anita Crouse, Danielle Lamb, and Linda Plummer are currently tied in Eighth with 12 Series points apiece.
· Kristen Brown and Jennifer R Smith are in Ninth with 11 points at this time.
· Diane Hicks and Mary Livesay have earned ten points fittingly putting them in Tenth place.
· Susannah Cord, Amanda McDonald, Dorothea Mercer, and Erin O’Dwyer have each earned nine Series points to date.
· Holly Bacola, Karen Brockway, Nancy Mason and J Rutlege have each earned eight points at this writing.
· Mike Bass, Kinsey Jamerson and Hyland Sheffron have accumulated seven Series points apiece to date.
· Tim Giles, Amelia & Molly Nowicki have each earned six points at this time.
· Jutta Echevarria, Pam Hilsman, Janine & Tom Stenson each have five points earned at this writing.
· Baiba Bourbeau, Candice Carr, Stephanie Easler, Carla Fullam, Beatrice Lamb, Carol Land, Elizabeth Love, Sadie Mann, Stephanie O’Neill, Sara Sinno, Brandon Spencer, T.J. Vore, and Faith & Stephanie Wanicka have a current accumulation of four Series points apiece.
· Anna Dalton and Ann Fratcher have three points each.
· Two Completion points earned at this time by: Mike & Roberta Axelrod, Irene Backer, Lisa Baugh, Jared Beasley, Sara Borkosky, Pam Burrows, Samantha Cason, Melissa Champion, Caroline Coates, Julie Cook-Walker, Lydia Cox, Mary Cullens, Leslie Davies, Barb DiPalma, Caprice Fullam, Jennifer Gruhn, Susan Haldeman, Martha Hall, Kelly Hart, Rebecca Hedges, Desiree Hill, Lucy Hooper, Molly Hunt, Donald S Jefferis, Dawn Kennedy, Olivia Kuo, Meghan Linder, Roy D McMillan, Tess McNally, Karen Merrill, Sydney Miles, Catherine Mooneyham, Claire Moore, Connie Moore, Kay Mott, Cheryl & Stagg Newman, Lyn & Ted Owen, Neil Parnes, Harold Pfeiffer, Jane Patten Polk, Richard Putnam, Monique Ravesloot, Sylvia Riaale, Diane Roemer, Elise & Maddie Rogers, Trinity Ross, K.C. Scott, Peter Shanahan, Bailey Sheehan-Watson, Daniel Short, Emma Skelton, Teresa Snyder, Jenny Taylor, Tom Trull, Jari Walther, Felicia Wichtman, and Lisa & Shane Woodson.
· Catherine Gillet has earned one Series point to date.
Trail Riders: 214
· Darleen Bullock, Nikki Hynes and DeAnna Norton have retained their lead with 21 Series points at this writing.
· Jennifer Smith has moved up and into Second Place with 18 Series points.
· Llyn Josef and Molly Watson have jumped up and into Third with 17 points at this time.
· Ronnie Mann has dropped to Fourth Place with a current count of 15 points.
· Kristin Ahlum, Bobby Turner and Diane Wilson are currently tied in Fifth with 13 Series Points each.
· Lynn Fitch, Debbie Knebel, and Arlene Lulavage are sharing Sixth Place honors at this time with 12 points apiece.
· Val DeVine has Seventh Place honors all to herself at this writing with an accumulation of 11 Series points.
· Ciara DeNardo and Connie Moore have earned ten points to date to put them in Eighth Place.
· Susannah Birch, Michelle Drum, Linda & Wayne Farris, Elizabeth Gregory, Emily Northey, Jerah Sowinski and Lacy Westle have each earned nine points to date for a tie in Ninth Place.
· Lisa Alford, Chloe Bosshard, Peggy Horton, Kathy Knutson, Mitzi Mayhew, Nicole Mills, Paula Moore, Debora Pearl, Kim Randall, Jenna Stutts and Nancy Wiggins are in Tenth Place with eight Series points apiece.
· Tara Boyce, Andrea Davis, Suess Fraser, Susie Justus Hill, Lori Kunkel, Lin Martin, Gena Meredith, Cynthia Milligan, Sandy Rhodes, and Greenlee & William Taylor have each earned seven Series points at this time.
· Missy Bright, Sharon Capps, Kathy Davis, Julie Frederick, Natalie Hyatt, Sandra Hyder, Lisa Trojan, Emily Wampler, Jennifer Wilson, and Sherry Wyatt have six points each at this time.
· Lisa Kotallik, Kathleen Nebel and Jan Smith have five Series points to date.
· Brittany Annis, Cam Brandon, Cheyenne Davis, Jill Davis, Kevin Ester, Rita Garrison, Laura Hendley, Skylar Hill, Grace Karegeannes, Nancy Klouda, Reiss McKinney, Reed & Roanne McNutt, Amy Mims, Barb Oklesen, Reuben Parton, Annette Spencer, Josie Thompson, Melissa VanDoren, Stacie Wadsworth, Jillian Wodridge, Glenda Wolf, and Jess Wright have each earned four points apiece at this writing.
· Gail Bolt, Maddie Brown, Kimberly Hannu, Debra Kennerly, Samantha Seay, and Khrim Shilata each have a current count of three Series points.
· Two Series points each have been earned by: Jeremy Ahlum, Korie Albright, Jordan Anderson, Zane Annis, Katelyn Bearden, Karen Benson, Matt Boles, Alexis Botchie, Baiba Bourbeau, Marcia Bowen, Tammi Bruning, Jeanie Burrell, Pam Burrows, Elizabeth & Grace Caldwell, Kelly Cannon, Caroline Coates, Sheila Coppersmith, Debbie Craycraft, Natalie Crombie, Benay Daniel, Kat Dooley, Katheryn Eilders, Amanda Fisher, Erin Fletcher, Sherry Garnes, Terra Garrison, Andrea Gentry, Kayla Gonzalez, Joy Griffin, Jennifer & Kathryn Gruhn, Susan Haldeman, Paula Hammond, Cindy Hansult, Lucy Hooper, Ann & Tony Hubbuch, Elaine & Michaela Hughes, Sandra Hunter, Patricia Iacomini, Kinsey Jamerson, Ginny Jennings, Brandy Johnston, Ann Jordan, Jen & Kate Keilman, Cathy Kirkland, Lydia Kolbas, Beatrice Lamb, Danielle Lamb, Yara LaPointe, Janet Leatherwood, Rhonda Lewis, Geraldine u/d Mark, Kristen McAuster, Amanda McDonald, Bridget Mercer, Karen Merrill, Sydney Miles, Marianne Moore, Meaghan Morris, Jessica Nelson, Rachel O’Brien, Erin O’Dwyer, Anna Oglesby, Ashley Outlaw, Beverly Ozmon, Neil Parnes, Nancy Patterson, Elizabeth Peacock, Ditte Phillips, Boots Plyler, Jane Patten Polk, Valerie Quinn, Taylor Reed, Janna Ritacco, Jaime Robertson, Sally Rock, Diane Roemer, Forrest Samuels, Leslie Scott, Johnna Sharp, Hyland Sheffron, Teresa Snyder, Kayla Stacy, Paula Stathakis, Suzanne Stettler, Shelby Stewart, Yasmin Straitiff, Kristi Suber, Ivey Sumrell, Sydney Swenson, David & Donna Taylor, Emily Thomas, Jessica Thomas, Michelle Townsend, Christy Anne Traylor, Jennifer Trilli, Heidi Trull, Joseph Vasquez, Susan Wallahora, Di Wang, Laurie Whitaker, Tracie Williams, Carolina & Robin Wilson, Maxine Winesett, , Kris Wynne, and Mary-Ladd Yatts-Yonkman.
· One point apiece has been earned to date by Julie Alexander, Janet Cummings, Bob & Terri Davenport, Jennifer Evans, John Hicks, Cindy King, Beth & Craig Looper, C.R. & Carol Stanley, and Janet & Alexander Stone.
We look forward to seeing you at the upcoming events. Mark your calendars and ride with us on the weekend before Thanksgiving at the River Valley Pony Club’s Fall Hunter Pace on Sunday, November 19th. Then we’ll finish out the calendar year with the Windridge Farm Winter Hunter Pace on Sunday, December 3rd, before taking a break for the Christmas Holidays.
Events will pick back up on January 6th with the SC Upstate Equine Council at Clemson, followed by The Foothills Riding Club’s Inaugural Hunter Pace the weekend of February 3-4th, and the new Cannon Equine’s Ride for the Rowleys to help fellow equestrians after the devastation in Florida scheduled for Sunday, February 18th. The Series will continue straight thru May, so be sure to check the schedule and come play with us!!
Always remember to check the website WCHPace.org for all upcoming events, news, articles, photos, placements and contact information.
Thank you to our photographer, Lou Smith, for being at every event to capture the riders and their mounts as they fly over jumps, canter through the fields and enjoy the beautiful area trails. Hit “Store” on the website to view the pictures. If you like, you can place an order online.